Sunday, January 11, 2009

Patron Saints of Knitting

St. John Vianney
St. John Vianney


I know I am not alone when it came to finding out who the patron saints of knitting were. One Catholic knitter/blogger told me it was St. Dymphna. For those of you who would like to learn more about saints and knitting, there is a good post up at the Pious Sodality of Church Ladies. Knitting With the Saints

One of my favorite saints is reported to have been a knitter...and he was a man! His picture is above.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this is a very very interesting post. I had no idea on this knitters' info so valuable to us Catholics.
Where do you ever find these bits of useful info!

As for knitting, I have been continuing the squares, slowly though, because I also have other projects going. I am now doing a mock cable scarf with Malabrigo yarn.A real treat to knit with.
I am also doing a pullover by Sally Melville who has written some Very easy wearable patterns.
I find that the area most needing saintly assistance is the squares..especially the 'patience- trying' one I am on now!
Hope you are enjoying that exotic weather...we have snow snow snow here....be glad you're not in Jersey these days, Es!
Blessings to you in this New Year.
teresa_anawim

Esther said...

Teresa, I love connecting things I am interested in with our Catholic faith. I am reading all the posts re: your progress. You know it's been almost a year since you started the KAL. Sorry I was a party-pooper about not continuing.
Weather is not really that warm every day but compared to the mainland, we can't complain.
Happy New Year to you.

cheerfulknitter said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and I was so happy to find out about the patron saint of knitting! I am also a Catholic knitter and I recently started my own blog (http://cheerfulknitter.blogspot.com) Thanks again for that link! God bless you!

Esther said...

Glad to be of help! I just signed up to follow your blog updates. Thank you.