Friday, March 14, 2008

Well, Square 6 is FINALLY Completed

Square 6
This particular one took me two weeks to complete. The reason for the long time was because I had to learn to knit and purl from the back. With the help of two helpful ladies in the KAL group and a video from Knitting Help I figured it out by trial and error. I had to frog for the first time since starting this project, a total of 6 or 7 times before I finally understood the rhythm.

I still made errors but once I was familiar with the stitch, the errors were easy to correct.

4 comments:

teresa_anawim2 said...

It came out good, Es.
As for the learning experience..this square that I am presently working on is a doozy!
I have several mistakes,..at least I 'think' they are mistakes, but the pattern is such a 'busy' one that I can't tell right now.
I am finding the mosaic I am woking on very 'patience- trying' and slow going. But...I'll get through it ok.
Onward!

Esther said...

Thanks Teresa. I am really glad you chose this project because whether we like it or not, we are learning some times difficult techniques. I like that.

teresa_anawim2 said...

I don't know about you, but I see a square and the design appeals to my eye. It seems like something inside says..Yeah, I'm really gonna like knitting this one. Whereas one that does not catch my eye is blacklisted from the start and I have to plod through it. It's all in the mind...LOL

Esther said...

LOL. No, what happens to me is that I although I may not look forward to knitting it, I take it as a challenge and make myself complete it.