Sunday, December 30, 2007

Might As Well Start From the Basics

When I was home this past summer, my mom and I started knitting a sweater together (each taking a separate part). But my mom wasn't at all pleased with my method of casting on. My method of using one needles to wrap around the yarn left large loops. This was not at all pleasing to my experienced knitting mother. She then taught me the method of knitting the stitches onto the other needle. Although this method did not leave the large loopy ends, it wasn't as tight or finished as I would like it.

I went back to the Stitch -n- B... book and at midnight while reading in bed, I taught myself Debbie Stoller's double cast-on method. She was right, it is easy once you get the hang of it and more importantly, the edge is so nicely finished and tight!

No comments: