Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm Back

Knitting car
Well, after a long hiatus, I am back. I got a little discouraged when my attempts to knit a dog sweater didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. But the other day I picked up my needles and decided to start from scratch. For me, that means with a dishcloth.

Oh, I know that is the easiest and most basic knitting a beginner can do. But my goal is to make my son a new blanket. The quilt I made for him 11 years ago is literally falling apart. I plan on using different dishcloth patterns in complimentary or contrasting colors and then putting all the squares together to make a blanket. It will look more or less like an afghan.

One pattern I found is a sailboat dishcloth which can be found HERE What I really want to find is a turtle pattern or large letters of the individual alphabet to knit my son's name on each block.

Well, back to my searching...

2 comments:

Lana said...

Hi Esther! Glad you are back to knitting again. There is a turtle cloth pattern at http://www.knittingknonsense.com/turtlecloth.html
and she also has an alphabet blocks at http://www.knittingknonsense.com/ALPHA_TABLE.htm
Hope this helps:~D

Esther said...

Yes!! Thank you so much Lana. Those are exactly what I was looking for!!!!!!
Esther